SAR and RF Exposure Testing
What is SAR testing?
All radio products are subject to RF Exposure Assessment. Assessment can be done by RF Exposure Evaluation, EMF measurements or SAR testing. RF Exposure Evaluation is done by checking technical details of the product and calculating the maximum RF Exposure. In Europe, RF Exposure Evaluation is sufficient in cases where device is used further than 20cm from the human (or animal) body or combined simultaneous transmission power of all radios is less than 20mW. In all other cases SAR testing is required.
Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) is a measure telling how much radio transmission energy is absorbed by the user’s or bystander’s body. SAR testing verifies that a device does not exceed defined RF exposure limits. RF exposure limits vary depending on the market.
TESTiLABS our experts have over 15 years’ experience providing RF Exposure Evaluations and SAR testing services. Some of our customers had a very complex product and they had struggled to get them tested. They turned to us because we were able to help. Now they are sending us even more complex products!
SAR testing capabilities
- CE, FCC & ISED SAR Testing
- Pre-Compliance Testing
- Head, Body, Extremity Capability
- Whole-Body SAR Measurement
- Test Frequencies between 30-6000MHz
- In Non-Signaling and Signaling Modes
- Dielectric Parameter Validation
We can test the following technologies and products
- All cellular devices, satellite, TETRA, BLE, VHF, UHF and WLAN devices
- Cellular base station antennas
- Medical, healthcare, military and consumer products
- Animal care (e.g. tracking devices)
FCC Knowledge Database Publications on RF Exposure
- RSS-102, SPR-002
- EN 50357, EN 50360, EN 50383, EN 50385, EN 50566, EN 62209-1, EN 62209-2, EN 62232, EN 62311, EN 62479
- IEC 62209-1, IEC 62209-2, IEC 62311, IEEE 1528
ASK AN EXPERT
Have a question? We are here to help. Let’s talk!
US closing down 3G networks
In order to free spectrum to 4G & 5G and focus on 5G investments US operators are closing down their 3G networks. AT&T is closing
Are you aware – UKCA marking requirement is delayed to 1.1.2023
UKCA marking has been delayed from January 1, 2022, until January 1, 2023. This means CE marked radio and electronic equipment may enter Great Britain
Need assistance? We can help with Bluetooth Qualification!
Bluetooth Qualification is the process by which a member declares and demonstrates that their design complies with the requirements of the program and its specifications.