CE Marking – Access European Market
If you plan to sell your product in the EU, it needs to comply with certain regulations and EU directives. In fact, these regulatory approvals are legally required and must be followed to be able to access the European market. Additionally, within the EU, the use of frequencies and radio signal transmission parameters are regulated. Correspondingly, if your product complies with those requirements, it can carry the CE mark as an indication.
In addition to the radio requirements, the CE mark implies compliance with other requirements regarding for example:
- Materials used
- Safe use of product
- Accompagnying documentation
- Ways to dispose and recycle a product
We have extensive experience with regulatory approvals and getting the CE mark for your wireless product, cover a wide range of technologies. Thus we can help bring your product to the EU market.
CE Marking for a Radio Device
We provide solutions for radio device CE testing which can include e.g. the following test areas: safety & health testing, EMC, RF and radiated spurious emissions. Moreover, restriction of use of certain hazardous substances (ROHS) compliance is checked:
- Safety and health testing which covers all health and safety risks of electrical equipment
- EMC testing has to be done on all electrical devices
- RF and radiated spurious emissions testing which includes e.g. the testing of cellular bands, GNSS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC testing
- Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU (R&TTE 1999/5/EC directive).
- ROHS 2011/65/EU.
CE Marking for a Non-Radio Device
Furthermore, we provide solutions for CE marking for non-radio devices:
- EMC directive 2014/30/EU
- LVD directive 2014/35/EU
- ROHS 2011/65/EU
Declaration of Conformity: Different Ways to Get the CE Marking
After the necessary testing has been done to your product and it fulfills the minimum CE requirements, we can help to get the CE mark for your device through different methods and the most popular ones are:
- Self Declaration: In self declaration, the manufacturer of the device confirms that the product is safe and fulfills all the necessary requirements for the CE marking.
- Notified body (type examination certificate): In this option, the notified body checks the technical files including tests reports to analyse conformity (excluding devices that are only tested according to LVD directive).