SAR testing measures the electromagnetic energy absorbed by a body using a wireless device. It is intended to verify that a device does not exceed a country’s established RF exposure limits. SAR Testing must be done on radio devices that are used closer than 20 cm to the human head or body.
TESTiLABS can help you determine whether your product meets your target market’s requirements. We have more than 15 years of experience in SAR Testing and can support you throughout the product development life cycle with our extensive technical expertise to ensure a safe and reliable product.
Our laboratories are capable of performing both SAR and OTA (Over-the-Air) measurements in the same location. Our customers can be certain that the RF exposure stays within required limits, while at the same time ensuring that the device’s performance has not been unacceptably affected.
In addition to SAR Testing, TESTiLABS also provides RF Exposure Evaluations for devices with fixed and/or mobile transmitters. These evaluations are performed on radiating structures that would be intended to be used at distances with more than 20cm from the end user.
SAR Testing Procedure:
We are able to analyse devices at any stage of the product development cycle and help manufacturers bring their compliant products to global markets faster.
SAR Testing plan
TESTiLABS SAR test specialists have decades of experience in SAR Testing. The planning phase includes gathering of information of the tested product, preparation of the test cases and booking of a test slot.
SAR Testing is executed in our laboratories in Finland. We are capable of testing against an extensive list of standards.
TESTiLABS is well known for high quality reporting with detailed error descriptions. These reports will give you the confidence you need in the decision-making process when developing your product further or when trying to reach certain requirements.
SAR Testing Capabilities
- Capability of testing cellular, Wi-Fi, TETRA, Satellite, UHF and VHF devices
- Head and body capability
- Measurable frequency range: 100-6000MHz
- SAR Testing in non-signaling and signaling modes
- Dielectric parameter validation
- SAR Testing against CE and FCC requirements
RF Exposure Evaluations
- Performed on devices that operate low power, or would intended to be used at distances with more than 20 cm from the end user
- E.g. Maximum Permissible Exposure (MPE) Evaluations
We are happy to provide more detailed information and make a proposal, how we, at TESTiLABS can verify your product and service in the global environment.
For more information about Specific Absorption Rate for Cellular Telephones, click here.
Our testing is carried out according to standards and specifications in the US, Canadian, European, and Japanese markets:
- US – FCC Knowledge Database Publications on RF Exposure
- Canada – RSS-102, SPR-002
- EU – EN 50357, EN 50360, EN 50383, EN 50385, EN 50566, EN 62209-1, EN 62209-2, EN 62232, EN 62311, EN 62479
- International – IEC 62209-1, IEC 62209-2, IEC 62311, IEEE 1528